Pages

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Birthday Wine Tour Through Tuscany

Lots of people do wine tours for their 21st birthday... I was lucky enough to be able to do a wine tour through Tuscany. This life I'm living right now still absolutely blows my mind, I really cannot believe I get to do everything I am able to do this semester! We had three stops on the tour: two wineries, Poggio Alloro and Tenuta Torciano, and a medieval city called San Gimignano.

The first winery we learned about the process of how they make wine. It was really interesting! We also got to pet some cows (which was very random, but you know, still exciting). Then we went to San Gimignano which is simply beautiful. We went up to the highest point in the city and it was crazy beautiful. It started absolutely down pouring as soon as we got up there, though, so we only saw it for a few quick moments. Then we went to Tenuta Torciano where we did a big long wine tasting and had lunch. We learned the proper way to "taste" wine and had the most delicious lasagna I've ever eaten in my whole life (sorry Ma). They topped it off with truffle oil and it was soo good, I bought some to bring home. It's been a serious struggle to not open it up and have it on everything I make already, but I just keep telling myself it'll be a good piece of Italy once I'm back in the States :) 

We took lots of pictures from the day, but it was wild and windy so they're all a little funky. Captures the memories perfectly though! A 21st birthday well spent!! 


Poggio Alloro (with San Gimignano in the background!)


San Gimignano 





Tenuta Torciano (and the incredbile lasagna!!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment