Pages

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Two Weekends in Roma

Rome is my absolute favorite place I have been so far! I got lucky to spend two weekends there (and get to see Trent!!) and explore all that Rome has. It's amazing. It's faster paced than Florence, which I've definitely been itching for, but it's not as high speed as NYC is. I think that's what made it so perfect to me. It gave me that city feel, but without the wildness of Manhattan.

There was so much to do and explore in Rome. From the Colosseum and the Pantheon to the Trevi Fountain and all the ruins from years and years ago, Rome has so much you can explore! After religiously watching the Lizzie McGuire movie when I was little, getting to see all these places in real life was a dream come true. The Trevi Fountain is way bigger than I expected (I don't know if I was thinking it'd be some tiny little fountain in a plaza, but it is not. At all.) So is the Colosseum, it's breathtaking! It's so crazy to think that it has been around for SO long and is still just hanging out there. Like I did with the Eiffel Tower, I have a million and a half pictures of everything from Rome just because I couldn't stop taking them.

It was so cool walking around and seeing such a modern day lifestyle and then turning a corner and seeing these ancient ruins still standing. I think that's part of the reason I liked it so much. Just the fact that Rome is such a modern day city and hustles like a normal metropolitan area, but still has these ruins that gives it such a different cultural value is really amazing. It gave the city its own kind of charm that no other city will ever be able to compete with.

If I could go back to Rome every single week, I absolutely would. In a heartbeat. Take a look at some of the (hundreds) of pictures I took from each weekend (and take in the super awkward selfies that Trent and I were taking all weekend long hehe)!





















No comments:

Post a Comment