Pages

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Budapest, Vienna & Salzburg Weekend

3 cities, 2 countries, 72 hours.. It was crazy! Hungary and Austria were two countries I never even thought twice about, especially when it came to travel plans, but when my friend Sara brought up the Budapest, Vienna & Salzburg (and the Sound of Music tour!!) trip, it actually got me really excited. To be honest, I think it was the Sound of Music tour that really sold me on it (and it was totally worth it). Budapest, Vienna, and Salzburg were three of the most beautiful cities, though.

Budapest, Hungary. Quite the place. Unfortunately, it was pouring rain all day... Pretty much most of the time we were there. That didn't stop us from touring around though! We took a walking tour of the city with the tour group we were with and it was the perfect way to see the best parts of the city. Then we ended up at the thermal baths, which were so so awesome! It was soo relaxing and so different from anything I've ever been able to do so it was really cool. It was like a giant hot tub, so really there's no complaints there! Later that night, we went to a really cool bar called Szimpla. It was really one of the coolest bars I have ever been to in my life. It was so huge with so many different rooms and they all were decorated soo differently! I wish I took a million pictures, but it was so hard to because it was so dark (look it up if you're interested because it's definitely unlike any bar you've ever been to). Overall, really, really awesome city!! 



Vienna was beautiful! I've really never thought of going there, but I'm so glad I got to experience it! It was another 24 hours in a city which included another walking tour. There's a lot of really cool facts about Vienna and all the architecture is incredible, so the walking tour was perfect to start off our time there. After the tour, we adventured around on our own for a little bit... We made sure we got your classic Austrian food (so delicious) and really just looked around a little bit more. That night we went on a pub crawl through the city which was really awesome. It was really cool getting to see so many different clubs and bars in the city. Definitely a cool experience! 




The next day was my FAVORITE! Salzburg, Austria... So charming and quaint and adorable. And to make it even better... Sound of Music tour!!! I think we spent a total of around 6 or 7 hours in Salzburg; just enough time to wander around a little and to go on the Sound of Music tour. The tour was so fun!! It was so cool seeing all the different scenes and getting some behind the scenes secrets. We saw the house, the water/ backyard, the pavillion, the gardens, the nunnery, I don't even know what else! I loved every single second of it!!! I wish I could relive it over and over. Then we had just enough time to walk around a little bit through the little shopping street that they have. It's so adorable there, I love it! One of my favorite cities so far, for sure. 







No comments:

Post a Comment