Pages

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

The Magic of Paris

People are not kidding when they say Paris is magical. Magical, charming, glamorous, the list can go on and on. All your life you hear about how Paris is so romantic and so beautiful and it honestly doesn't even slightly capture it. It's truly a breathtaking city. (Also, highly recommend going on the first weekend of the month during tourist off season and hitting all the museums on Sunday because they're free and not as crowded... Solid, unintentional move on our part, but totally came in clutch because us abroad kids are balling on a budget.)

We were there for pretty much just 48 hours and we packed those hours to the very best we could. We saw just about everything one could want to see when visiting Paris. We saw the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, the Palace of Versailles. We went through the Louvre (really just beelined for the Mona Lisa and got lost on our way out because that place is ginormous), shopped on Avenue des Champs Elysées and consumed all the food we could. (Is that all the big important stuff? I don't even know... it's all a blur)

I wish I could say you can capture the beauty that is the city in just a photo so that I could share it with all of you people. However, I think it is actually impossible to do so. When we walked up to the Eiffel Tower, I think there was a solid 60 seconds where we all were just in awe of how actually incredible it is. You imagine it one way in your mind and then you get there and it's everything you hoped and dreamed it would be and more. That's how everything was there! It makes no sense how a city can do that, but it did and it's crazy!! I think I have about 50 of the same exact photo of the Eiffel Tower simply because I couldn't stop looking at it and taking pictures of it.

Also, I just have to talk about the Palace of Versailles for a hot sec. It's nuts. The rooms were beautiful and decadent and the garden was endless. I wish I had more time (and warmer weather) to explore the gardens because I would've loved to discover every inch of that space. To think that at one point people actually really lived there just boggles my mind because I cannot even fathom that sort of lifestyle.

So take a look at some of these photos (and just keep in mind that what you see here is not even in the slightest an accurate depiction of how beautiful the whole city is).











No comments:

Post a Comment