Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Florence Is Calling

Well, here it is... The millionth time I'm restarting my blog. But this time, I'm really doing it and I have a good force pushing me to write. On Saturday, I'm heading out on a 5 month journey to Europe. I'll be living and going to school in Florence, Italy for the semester!! Whenever I have the chance, I'll be traveling all throughout Europe and I'm going to be using the blog as a way to not only document my adventures, but also to journal and share all of my thoughts throughout the journey.

Had someone asked me a year ago if I was going to study abroad, my answer was a quick "probably not". I wasn't totally sold on the idea of being away from everything I know for 5 months. Getting closer to the time to apply (and having my friends constantly bugging me to come), I really struggled with whether or not I thought I could push myself to do it. After a solid couple of months of bouncing around lots of options to make sure I somehow got to see Europe, I decided to study in Florence. And now, just a few days out from picking up and moving to Florence, nerves topped with excitement are raging.

This journey is going to push me beyond any comfort zones I've ever had before. This is going to be a semester long journey for me to learn about numerous new cultures, but also to push myself and grow as a person. So, Life by Han is going to be a platform for me to express all that I'm learning and experiencing.

I'm kissing NYC goodbye for the semester and stepping out to explore Europe for what I'm sure will be the absolute trip of a lifetime. As nervous as I'm getting, my excitement is even higher. I've never felt like I needed a trip like this more in my life. Stay tuned for all of my thoughts and experiences over the next few months. Firenze is calling ;)

--Han

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you!!! I LOVE that you are doing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete