Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2017

We Made It!!!

Made it safe and sound to Florence!!! :) Lucky us, it is the coldest weekend Florence has had in decades... So, naturally, it only makes sense that it's the weekend we get here (*insert eye roll emoji here*). It snowed. I mean come on, seriously?! But aside from that, the city has greeted us with open arms and lots of adventures awaiting us.

We found ourselves a cute little apartment and finally went food shopping today, so we are finally getting ourselves together. Don't worry, I still haven't unpacked. Nothing like living out of a suitcase because I'm too lazy to unpack (*insert another eye roll emoji here*). 

In all seriousness though, this city is absolutely incredible. We've found delicious food (and wine, of course) and lots of beautiful streets and buildings. From pasta to pizza to gelato, we've hit it all and now it comes down to finding our favorite restaurants! I must say I'm quite impressed with our ability to avoid carbs for every single meal. I think I've had a decent amount of veggies so far (which after two days of pasta, I was already craving.) I can eat pizza for every single meal every day of my life, so I'm trying to avoid doing that as well! All about self control people!!!!

Jet lag is kicking my butt. Tips and tricks to beat it ARE welcome! If I stay sitting for more than half an hour I start falling asleep, so I'm really just waiting for the day I'm functional again. But other than that, I think we're all adapting pretty well to being here! There's definitely moments when we have a little bit of culture shock, but overall we're hanging in there. Here's to hoping we only keep getting used to everything and we never have a freak out about being half way across the world (stay tuned lol)!!! 


Check out some pictures that I've snapped so far! It's freezing cold (like ROC, NY weather here), so I haven't been super into taking my phone out every few minutest to grab a picture, but once it gets warmer, I'll start snapping left and right. :)

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

Image may contain: 1 person, sky and outdoor


Image may contain: cloud, sky, outdoor, water and nature   

No comments:

Post a Comment