Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2015

To My Four Best Friends...

Well... Here it is. A post dedicated to my four best friends from home. A post where I get to reflect on what crazy, special, absolutely absurd best friends I have. A post where I get to share how lucky I am to have such amazing people in my life who make leaving home that much harder.


Tonight was the first round of goodbyes within the five of us; as of tomorrow morning, Maddy and Lauren will be en route. Going into this evening, I knew it would be hard, but I didn't think it would be harder than it was last summer. I. Was. Wrong. As we all stood around in Maddy's kitchen looking at each other, knowing it was time to say goodbye, but having no clue how to start it or having any desire to do so, I had a moment where I really was just thinking, "these people are honestly the most absurd humans I have ever encountered in my life and yeah I'm stuck with them, but I couldn't be happier to have them around." Very few people would cry and laugh hysterically while giving hugs and 'see you later's, but we accomplished that tonight and that's why these people mean so much to me. The four of them would never ever let a moment pass without some sort of humor or sarcasm being tossed out there, no matter how serious we were supposed to be. They bring light to every situation and they always understand my odd and crazy feelings/ thoughts. I'm honestly beyond blessed to get to have four other people who I grew up with to call my best friends.


I know there are plenty of people out there who can say they have the greatest best friends of all, and I'm sure you do, but nobody compares to my best friends. Each and every one of our personalities have different traits, and yeah that gets in the way and leads to arguments or wanting to strangle one another, but the way our relationship has been built up over the years created a very, very unique friendship. So to the people who think their best friends are #1, I say good for you because everyone deserves to have at least one person to cause havoc with or to vent to, but I can also say my best friends are unlike any people you will ever encounter and I know that no matter what, they will always have my back and for that, my best friends are the greatest, craziest, most supportive people in the world.


To Maddy, Meagan, Lauren, and Aviana-- These past four months have brought us closer than ever and I'm so lucky to have you guys in my life. You've shared my best and worst moments with me over the years and I wouldn't have wanted anyone else by my side. Yeah, 85% of the time I actually really hate at least one of you, but I wouldn't trade any aspect of you guys or our relationship for the world. I cannot wait to see where this next year leads you guys and I can't wait to hear all about it as the days go on. But for now, thank you for being such a huge part of my life and thank you for having my back and sharing the smiles and the tears all the way through the years. I'm beyond blessed to have such a unique relationship with the four of you. I love you a lot! Cheers to friendship ladies ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment